CLINICAL PLACEMENTS MAY ONLY BE MADE THROUGH THE ONLINE REGISTRATION PROGRAM!
Clinical Placement Guidelines and Policies:
- Once a placement is confirmed, candidates are expected to honor that placement. A candidate may not change his/her placement without email permission given to OSCP by the course instructor.
- Once booking a school placement online and printing the confirmation page, candidates are to contact the school immediately. It takes time for the contact person to match candidates with teachers, so it is important to get started right away. Please refer to "Form Email Examples" when initiating contact with school placement personnel.
- For placement in school systems outside the clinical placement geographic area or if currently employed in a school not included in the clinical online registration program, complete this form.
- In some cases, an instructor may make arrangements at a particular site for candidates. When this occurs, candidates should complete this form.
- Professional dress and behavior is required and expected. Always report to the school office and present your UNC Charlotte ID and driver’s license to sign in. Never go directly to a classroom, even if you have been in the building several times before. Ask if you have parked your car in an acceptable place. Attire must adhere to the Cato College of Education Professional dress code. Candidates may be denied entry to a school if not dressed properly. In addition, hats, tobacco products, gum, snacks, etc. should be left in your car. Please refer to the "Professional Dress Code" in preparation for your school visit.
- When visiting a school, candidates must have their UNC Charlotte ID, driver’s license, and syllabus requirements for each course that requires clinical hours. Some instructors may provide a letter for you to present to the teacher
- Most school systems will require a background check in order to complete clinicals in their schools. It is the candidate’s responsibility to follow system policies.
a. CMS – complete volunteer registration https://www.cmsvolunteers.com/
b. Union - complete volunteer registration https://www.ucpsvolunteers.com/
c. Iredell, Lincoln, and Rowan – complete a background check. The background check cost is candidate’s responsibility.
For additional information, contact the Office of School and Community Partnerships:
Cato College of Education, Suite 139